On Easter Sunday of April 24, 2011 over 150 people gathered at our campus at the intersection of Telge and Cypress N. Houston for our weekly services for the very first time.
From the very beginning, Harvest Family was a dream that God placed in the heart of Pastor Paul and Brooke six years before while they drove through the 290 corridor. Harvest Family was an intentional church plant that began with a dedicated group of 20-30 people from our Parent church, New Life. From there, Harvest Family has steadily grown in numbers and ministries as we seek to reach and serve our community and world for Jesus.
Harvest Family has always been a diverse group of people united by our desire to give the people of the Cypress area of Northwest Houston the best opportunity to become connected into a vital relationship with Jesus Christ and continue to grow as believers. When you visit Harvest Family you can expect to be welcomed warmly, to hear lively music and to find the teaching and preaching relevant to your life and in the lives of your children. We hope you take the opportunity to visit us on a Sunday in the near future to experience Harvest Family for yourself. At Harvest Family, we have a compelling vision.
We have a God-given dream to reach the harvest and grow God’s family. Our church was God’s idea, dream and orchestration. It’s our vision to see a church rise up in the genuine power of God that belongs to us. We long to see praying believers walking in signs, wonders and miracles as they live each day as an adventure going after the harvest, loving and healing those who desperately need to encounter God, His love and His power. Our heart is to see people rise up and walk in their destiny through Christ. We want everyone to experience the freedom, excellence, warm hospitality, energy & inspiring atmosphere that make Harvest Family such a special place.
1. …about GOD. God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three personalities: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
2. …about JESUS CHRIST. Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven’s glory and will return to earth to reign as King of Kings, and Lord of Lord.
3.…about the HOLY SPIRIT. All believers receive the Holy Spirit (the Spirit of God) when they receive Jesus Christ as Lord of their lives at salvation. However, believers are also entitled to and should expect and earnestly seek the promise of the Father, the baptism in the Holy Spirit. We believe this was the normal experience of Christ followers in the early Christian Church, with the Holy Spirit baptism comes power for life and service.
4. …about the BIBLE. The Bible is God’s Word to us. It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living, because it is inspired by God. The bible is the truth without any mixture of error.
5. …about SALVATION. Salvation is God’s free gift to us, but we must accept it. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works, only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin’s penalty. When we repent of sin, confess Jesus as Lord, and turn from our self-ruled life, we are saved.
6. …about DIVINE HEALING. All through the centuries since the time of the apostles, there have been individuals who had faith in God for the healing of their bodies, and where New Testament faith has been found, miracles have taken place. We believe Jesus paid the price for divine healing through the atonement…and with His stripes, we are healed.
7. …about the BLESSED HOPE. The blessed hope of the church is the rapture or the “catching away” of the church. The Bible teaches that at the time of the rapture of the church, living Christians will be changed; those whom have died in Christ will be raised in glory; all Christians will forever be with the Lord, and we should be comforted with this truth.
8. …about ETERNITY. People were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation. Heaven and Hell are real places of eternal existence. For more detailed information about what Harvest Family Church believes, go to www.ag.org and click on beliefs
Connect with our Values
There are certain fundamental values that have been at the very center of all that has, and continues, to drive Harvest Family Church. This is the basic DNA of Pastor Paul Capehart, our team, and is reflected through the entire ministry process of the church.
This is referred to as the VALUES of Harvest Family Church. If a person wants to know what makes us “tick” as a church they may refer to our values. Everything we do is driven by these values. You can readily evaluate if Harvest Family Church is a fit for you by evaluating your values and seeing if they are a “fit” with Harvest Family Values. It’s that simple.
We Value Authenticity
Our communication is transparent, interaction is encouraged in our small groups, and our atmosphere is friendly and inviting. We provide a place where people can come as they are, be who they are, and find love, acceptance & God’s plan in a “real” environment.
We Value Biblical community
We have small groups for all ages where people can connect and grow with others through fellowship, prayer, communion and the study of God’s Word.
We Value Ethnic Diversity
We have ethnically diverse staff, leadership, ministry teams and congregation. We are a “House of Prayer” for ALL Nations.
We value God’s Presence
We prioritize specific times set aside for corporate prayer. We encourage individuals to cultivate a life of prayer. We prioritize public gatherings that provide an opportunity to experience God’s Presence through singing, praying, giving, preaching & a personal responsiveness in the altar. We cultivate an atmosphere and allow for the genuine, orderly operation of the 1st Corinthians 12 Spiritual Gifts in our gatherings. We prioritize specific times set aside for corporate prayer.
We Value Mission
We encourage a lifestyle of daily personal friendship evangelism. We financially invest in national and international ministries, missionaries and projects. We plan seasonal community events and outreaches to reach the unsaved.
We Value Spiritual Growth
We believe people will grow spiritually if they attend corporate worship weekly, participate in a small group consistently, use their gifts to serve in ministry regularly and reach out in love to the lost daily.
We Value the Word of God
It is the final rule of our faith and practice in our services, small groups, discipleship and evangelism. We place a strong emphasis on strong, anointed Biblical preaching and teaching that aims for life transformation. We do everything we can to get God’s word in everyone’s hands and encourage daily, private devotion and reading of God’s Word in every believers life for ultimate spiritual growth and life change.